Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Announcements

A lot of fun stuff is happening over here at The Texas Cottage!

I'm writing today to announce several fun projects that are currently in the works. The first and biggest is that we are redoing our deck!

Here is a picture from before we moved in:


Besides some landscaping, not much has changed in the 1 1/2 years we have lived here.

The deck has always bothered us. Its actually a large space, but see how it is divided into 3 sections? The awkward space makes it difficult to arrange furniture or move our grill around. Also, the taller portions of the deck are about 3-4 feet off the ground. That, coupled with our 6 foot fence means that when we stand on our deck we can see into our neighbors' backyards...awkward.

Anyway, those are the problems and my amazing husband is fixing them. Here is the plan:
1. Lower the right section of the deck so it is level with the middle section.
2. Expand the middle section so it comes out as far as the right section.
3. Knock out the left section of deck and expand to create a paver patio with a pergola above.
4. Hide the utility boxes.


Additionally, but not quite as exciting, I am redoing two of our inside closets- our hall closet and what used to be my second closet. So here is the deal. Our master bedroom is actually smaller and has smaller closets than the nursery. We chose to use it as our master because it has an attached bath. Strange, I know that the bedroom with the attached bath would be smaller. Oh the joys of living in an older home. One of those joys is teeny closets. So, when we moved in, both the hubs and I had one closet in our bedroom and one closet in what used to be the office and is now the nursery. Flash forward about a year when I nesting and had pregnancy brain. I decided it made more sense to switch my second closet with the hall closet. It actually made no sense and I had to shove all of the stuff we kept in our hall closet into a smaller space resulting in this hot mess:


Don't judge me too harshly. Like I said, I was pregnant. Apparently I got tired before I finished because I never got around to moving my shoes. Anyway, this had quickly evolved into one of those comedic closets you see on TV where everything falls out when you open the door.

The hall closet where I had moved my clothes was barely better:


Stay tuned for these stunning transformations! The hubs is already about halfway finished- a real feat I might add during the Texas summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment