Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Breakfast Nook

Hello! I apologize for not posting in a while. We went out of town for a few days and I had to get my feet back on the ground.

My mom found me the most beautiful orchid and I thought while I was showing it I might as well share our breakfast nook. You will find the space right off of our kitchen.

Here is a shot of the area before we moved in.


Lovely brown wood, no?  This space is part of our kitchen. The kitchen is by far the room we have done the most to and I will get around to showing the whole room one of these days.

Here is the breakfast nook as it looks now.


The first steps we took were to paint the wood white and the walls this lovely neutral gray. The color is Behr's Silver Sateen for anyone asking.

Then we had to lose the dinky pendant light the previous owner had and replaced it with this light fixture. We found this light at our favorite consignment store for 30 bucks. He was originally brass so we just put our spray painting skills to work and turned him black. Sometimes I think I want to put a drum shade on him, but I can't decide if it would overwhelm the space.

The Texas flags are prints from a local artist my husband had before we got married. They are in barn wood frames and we think they work well in the space.

As far as the table goes, this is a pretty small space and we have toyed around with several different table locations. We rarely eat at this table so we opted to push it against the wall to make room for our barstools. Also, we like having a table in the space, because we can turn it into a serving station when we entertain.

Here is a shot from our most recent shindig where we pulled the table out and used it as a drink station.



Our back door is just to the right and you can see our little key rack on the wall. The rack is comprised of three little turtles that I bought at Anthropologie several years ago.



Lets step closer to look at the table, shall we?


How about that orchid, huh? Thanks, mom!

The two picture frames are from Target and the S&P shakers are from Anthropologie. My napkin holder is a super cute wooden rooster. Sorry, I've had him too long to remember where he is from.

Remember this bucket from my Home Goods run?


Well my husband is a hot-sauce-loving kind of guy. So I stocked the bucket full of hot sauce and put him front and center on the table. Now the hubs always knows where his Tabasco is.

Another orchid pic.

Anyway, we love our little breakfast nook and I hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment